….from Tulum, Mexico.
a tanned tuftsmania
Hello party people, it’s me, posting from Merida in the Yucatan Peninsula. If there are any Yucataneans reading, CITS and I will be DJing the next 2 nights here, so if you know of any fun clubs that want ILL music, let me know.
—-tonight we’re going to be at KY60, which has got to be the gayest name ever *could quite possibly be a gay bar*. come out and party with us!!
now for an extra safety measure, here’s a new remix of a track by an ed banger chronie, JUSTICE remixed by datA (holler stockholm beat connection!):
JUSTICE – D.A.N.C.E. (datA rework)
ps: make sure to listen for that taste of daft punk goodness.
Well I made a compilation of what has been on tuftsmania in the last who knows when. it was my first time ever, so I made a list of what to do and not to do:
1. don’t use a laptop with 1 channel output to mix because you won’t be able to pre-cue or beat match
2. don’t try to beat match without cueing
3. don’t use an ipod as the other mixing track
4. don’t run out of hard disk space while recording
5. don’t be like tuftsmania and rip a vinyl using a playstation audio cable (ps: sounds like shit)
6. do use headphones to cue the next track
7. do match the beat(s) so that the mix doesn’t sound like tuftsmania
anyway, I was in the mood to mix, and didn’t have anything to do it with, so I rigged up an ipod to my mic input on the powerbook. the mic input was split off with a Y cable and i fed from the headphone out back to it, so it would record the music coming out of itunes as well. this was such a fucking bad idea. anyway, with those in place, i pressed record on the wave recording program and off to the races.
enjoy my lack of professionalism you rave bitches!!
and, without further adieu, I’m leaving for YUCATAN.
listen to, you have got to be kidding me #1
uhhh you can tell me the tracklist. if you really want to know it, let me know and i’ll put it up in a week.
check that tracklist for some exxxclusssiiiiivvve shit!